Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snooooooooow!

I am writing to you on a most glorious occasion.... SNOW DAY!!!! Our first snow day from Co-op and let me tell you we recruited a whole lot of prayers for it! The roads in Midland were Horrid compared to our wonderfully clean roads last night. And yes, we here in Camp Half Blood got snow. Try not to die of shock.

Wow, a whole heap of nothing has happened since I posted last. Well, I redesigned my picture for the art contest so it is no longer going to be focusing on the staircases and platforms so much as the doors. The reason behind this being I'm simply not to that level of capability yet. But this one should still be cool.

Oh, and I must apologize to all of my readers. I was reading one of my scenes yesterday and if I lost you permanently, I know why. I couldn't follow it and I wrote it! Wow, some are bad, so thank you for putting up with me through that! Don't get your hopes up, the only editing I've done was yesterday before Bible study. I will do my best to get to it today though. It is right behind drawing, which is right behind school. And piano and scholarship applying mixes in there somewhere along with a good dose of food.

I did realize one other thing when I visited CMU. It wasn't so much a new concept as one I just payed attention to for the first time. My current dream job (aside from just author) is to be a literary agent. And while many complain about how boring it is and I can see it getting tedius, being at the front of all the progress would be incredible to me. However, literary agencies are mainly based in three cities: New York (no shocker there), San Fransisco, and Denver. The counselor and my mom both pointed out that for me to get a good job, I might just have to leave the state. On the other hand though, my advisor might know of a job like that right here in the tricities. So I decided to list some reasons I would and would not want to move because I have better things to do and much procrastination flowing in my veins.
Reasons to stay
1) My family is here. Not really caring so much about extended (cept grandparents) as intermediate
2) Good luck finding a Midland Baptist in New York, just sayin
3) Yes, I have to be cliche and say my friends because I couldn't be this insane around very many other people

Reasons for leaving
1) My extended family is here (haha just kidding)
Real reason 1) Change in scenery and experience would probably be really good for me
2) I just might have to for that job.....
3) Literary agent is often a huge stepping stone to author

Ok, don't know why I'm doing this now instead of in four years when it will be an actual decision, but I've been thinking about it lately and it's better than just doing updates all the time. So, what do y'all think?

School: SNOW DAY!!!! (minus geometry)
Devos: purty good
Drawing: revamped it yesterday, will map it out today
Editing: what Amber saw yesterday was it. I will do it today!
Soooooong: Revive Me by Jeremy Camp (one of my favorites of his)

4 comments:

  1. I almost burst out laughing yesterday when you explained to the boys what you were working on and Levi said, "Oh! Are you going to get it published?"
    That has to be THE MOST cliche' question people ask when I mention I write.
    Just saying. I'm not really sure why.
    Is your picture going to be in color? Because that would be awesome.
    See, here I am, commenting! So don't lash out at me in frustration at a lack of comments, because I'm fulfilling my duty. (And I'm hoping to offset the irritation/rage you'll direct at me while I continue to avoid quotes.)
    Since I really don't have anything important to say, I'll go.
    (Oh, and did you see Stephanie's face last night when I referred to your house as "Camp Half-blood"? She stared at me and muttered, "Camp Half-blood?" I chuckled.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know I get that all the time! It's just become normal.
    I'm pretty sure that I am going to make it in color, yes, otherwise I fear it would be more on the confusing side of things. And no, I wont lash out at you too horribly... but just remember you have been warned what will happen if you fail me... haha.
    And no I didn't see, she was standing behind me, but I did hear her haha, I've gotten that reaction a couple times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll have to run to grab Mom's phone before she leaves. Uh-oh.
    After I posted the comment, I realized something: basically none of it actually had to do with your post. Hmmm.... I feel rather foolish and self-centered right now.
    If you do decide to move, let me know where. I may just follow you. It's not that I hate Michigan, but there isn't much that makes it feel uber-special to me, outside of MBC.
    So yes, the snow day was fantastic. And, on the subject of your story, the whole story as a whole wasn't too terribly confusing. If nothing else, I always got the general idea of what was happening. That's something, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thats okay, I didn't even notice. Once I post, I completely forget what it was about usually.
    I will most certainly let you know, but it's a good 4 years or so down the road so don't get too antsy yet!
    Yes, that is definitely something, thank you muchly :)

    ReplyDelete