Saturday, May 5, 2012

You're Fired!

I'm back! Well, for this post anyway. We'll see how long I stick to this. Don't get your hopes up.

So, in writing news. I nixed Corinne. Yep. My main character. Well, not entirely nixed. She's really just been demoted to side-kick. An important one, but she's still the lackey. I decided it's easier to get everything I want into the story just doing things from Dakota's point of view. I can still get her story, without feeling like I'm writing the most boring, mopey character of all time. Plus, Dakota's fun to write and I really am having difficulty with Corinne. So, we will see how this goes. So far so good.

In other news, Vanna's 17th birthday was two days ago. I'm proud to say I got her a Disney Princess CD and she's very pleased. Tee hee! :) Grandparents came over for barbecue and strawberry pie and ice cream and presents and then left.

Today was less fun. We went across town and picked up our new above-ground pool. Meaning we got up at 7, started to eat before Dad informed us we were getting something on the way, left, went to McDonalds, went to his house, and then completely tore down his pool for him and packed everything into our truck. Then we had to unpack everything. Needless to say, I'm tired. Hence the post. 

Ooh! I started reading the Gregor books finally! Okay, so I'm a few chapters into the first one and haven't read it since Wednesday but it's a start! It only took me a few years to start at all....

We watched a new movie last night. Well, new to us anyway. It's called Independence Day, and it has Will Smith in it and once again he's fighting aliens that want to kill everyone. It's pretty much awesome.

And now I have nothing more to say and I really want to watch Kim Possible. Short, ramble-y post today I guess. Sorry dudes and dudettes. Hasta la bye-bye!

4 comments: